Should our policies ever change or be updated/amended you will be notified via email, and our updated policies and terms and conditions will always be on our website.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Collection of Information
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data – includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data – includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data – includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data – includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data – includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data – includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data – includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, trade union membership). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
- Direct Interactions – You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling forms or corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- apply for our products or services;
- subscribe to our newsletters;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions – As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, and other similar technologies.
- Use of Information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by unsubscribing.
- Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out here with a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground, we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Third Party Marketing
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside Me Myself and Mind for marketing purposes.
- Opting out
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by unsubscribing at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not mean that we will remove any personal data provided to us as a result of engaging with us on any one of our call to actions i.e. Phone Call, Email or submission of any of our online forms.
Most browsers allow you to refuse/accept or delete cookies, some examples below:
- in Internet Explorer –https://support.microsoft.com/en-za/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- in Microsoft Edge – https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- in FireFox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- in Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- Sharing of Information
We may have to share your personal data with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Data Rights
- You may have the right to exercise your data protection rights, including to request that Steeple View Interiors deletes, amends, or provides you access to your information.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving Steeple View Interiors promotional messages, but you may still receive other communications.
- You can complain to your local data protection authority about the use of your information.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.
Note that Steeple View Interiors is a controller of your information. Other members, such as group organizers and network administrators, may also act as controllers of your information. You should contact these members if you have any questions about how they use information that you have provided to them.